Marlborough Academy of Dance

Apr 17, 2020

As our planned closing date for entries looms, we would like to update you on our thoughts regarding the 2020 Top of the South Championships in light of the COVID-19 Alert Levels etc.

At this stage, we are unsure whether we will be able to run our Championships as planned in June - we cannot hold the competition until we reach Alert Level 1, and it is unclear when this will be. As such, we would like to advise that the closing date for entries is now extended indefinitely - this will allow you to enter if you wish, or hold off until we have more certainty regarding dates.

Once the Government announces the next plan for potentially stepping down from Alert Level 4 on Monday 20th April, we should be in a position to offer some certainty as to our plans.

Should we be unable to hold the Championships in June, we will look to postpone them until later in the year. In this case, we will hold any entries we have already received and transfer them to the new date (which is yet to be confirmed). Of course, should any dancers who have already entered be unable to attend on the postponement date, we will fully refund entries.

We also know that dancers will be missing their comrades and looking for some way to engage in highland dancing. If the Top of the South Championships are postponed, Marlborough Highland Dancing are planning on running a virtual dance competition instead, with the aim of giving our dancers something to work towards and something to enjoy in the time when so many of their hobbies have been quashed. So, watch this space for more on that!

Take care, and thank you for your support of the Top of the South Championships.
Rest assured, we are looking forward to hosting you at the ASB Theatre for an outstanding event when we can!

Turn your Facebook Page into a website, instantly.

Try now for 14 days FREE

No credit card required, unsubscribe at any time.